Monday, January 21, 2013

Managed to shampoo with shampoo!

You might remember when I was shampooing with conditioner last year during my extreme sleep deprivation. Well, Silas still doesn't sleep through the night, so I'm not doing much better, but at least I can sleep in til about 8 am most days, which helps.

But not quite enough.

This morning, I woke up and played with Silas for a little bit and then laid him down so I could take a quick shower. I got into the shower, thinking about that time (..those times...) I shampooed with conditioner. I smirked, because I'm past that now. I can shampoo with shampoo, like a real person.

Except for the next thing I knew, I was conditioning my hair. Now, this is a step up, because I was using my conditioner as conditioner. It's just that I had forgot to shampoo at all. I had been so busy thinking about it that I guess my brain just accepted that I had already done it. And so in the time between getting my hair wet and reaching for the bottle, I just assumed I was on the conditioner step.

As I stood there, letting the conditioner soak in for a minute or two, I realized that my shower seemed like it was already over even though I had just gotten in. Ever so slowly, it dawned on me that I had not, in fact, shampooed my hair. Whoops!

So I rinsed out the conditioner and started over. But hey, it's a step in the right direction. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment